In the framework of the RESUME Project “Mediterranean Network for Employability”, in Barcelona on 28-29 September 2016 the First Conference of Training of the Project focused on “Filling the gap between academic offer and the labor market” was organized by UNIMED as the project coordinator and in collaboration with the University of Barcelona. This is the first of seven thematic conferences of training that will be organized throughout the whole life of the project.
The purpose of these conferences is to provide university staff with the necessary skills on the above mentioned topic and to open dialogue and cooperation between the various stakeholders (HEIs, companies and enterprises with political authorities) in the common challenge to increase employability of young graduates. These training conferences are characterized by plenary sessions and parallel sessions and they are addressed to each specific group of HEIs (teachers/academic staff, staff careers offices and incubators staff).
For more information on the Barcelona conference please download the program here.
To download the presentations of different practices that have been presented in Barcelona please visit the project website here.
On 15 and 16 December 2016 RESUME project will launch its Second Training Conference, this time in Rabat hosted by the Agricultural and Veterinary Institute Hassan II (IAV) on the theme “Best practices in regional, national, and local levels for promoting employment and entrepreneurship”.
More information on the conference program will be provided in the coming days.
The RESUME project aims at enhancing and reinforcing the role and potential of HEIs in the development of employability in the Mediterranean countries by adopting a transversal entrepreneurial mind-set at the HEIs and by opening and structuring the dialogue among the universities, the enterprises and the policy makers.
The RESUME project addresses four priority actions stablished by the EC, the OECD and ETF (2014):
- Establishing inter-ministerial commissions for entrepreneurial learning
- Establishing a platform for the identification and exchange of good practices
- Strengthening co-operation among HEIs and promoting links with business to foster entrepreneurship.
- Establishing an accredited Southern Mediterranean entrepreneurship network paying particular attention to gender issues.
Members of the Consortium
- UNIMED – Mediterranean Universities Union, Italy (coordinator)
- UNIME, Università degli Studi di Messina, Italy
- AMU, Université d’Aix-Marseile, France
- UB, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
- AlmaLaura, Consorzio Interuniversitario AlmaLaura, Italy
- Ville de Marseille, France
- IAV, Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan II, Morocco
- UM5a, Université Mohammed V- Agdal, Morocco
- US, Université de Sousse, Tunisia
- USFAX, Université de Sfax, Tunisia
- Lebanese University, Lebanon
- USEK, Université de Saint Esprit- Kasilik, Lebanon
- AFEM, Association de Femmes Chefs d’entreprise, Morocco
- MESFCRS, Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur, de la Recherche Scientifique et de la Formation des Cadres, Morocco
- MESRS, Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur, de la Recherche Scientifique Tunisien, Tunisia
- DGHE, Directorate General Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Lebanon
- ASCAME, Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce, Spain (associated partner)