The European Maritime Day is the annual EU meeting point on maritime affairs and blue growth. It targets maritime professionals, entrepreneurs and ocean leaders.
The event and exhibition EMD 2019 will take place on 16-17 May 2019 at the Lisbon Congress Centre, in the City of Lisbon (Portugal).
Our focus in 2019 will be on blue entrepreneurship, innovation and investment.
As usual, we herewith launch the call for stakeholders’ workshops.
Stakeholders can apply for one of the following possible themes, with a focus on issues/aspects related to research, innovation and investment :
- Marine bio-economy and biotechnology
- Aquaculture & fish processing
- Coastal and marine environment, Climate action
- Digitalisation, AI & big data for maritime
- Sea basin cooperation (including outermost regions)
- Ports and port tech clusters
- Maritime security & surveillance
- Sustainable tourism, Coastal communities
- Maritime Spatial Planning
- Ocean and off-shore energy
- Ocean Literacy, maritime skills & people
- Smart specialisation in blue economy value chains
- Sustainable blue growth financing
- Green shipping & shipbuilding
- Blue circular economy
- Marine research
Please follow the link to the EMD website for a draft programme and more information about how to get involved.