Getting to UNIMED is easy. UNIMED is located in Rome city centre and it is within a walking distance from the most famous tourist attractions of the city.
UNIMED – Mediterranean University Union
Palazzo Baleani, II floor
Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 244
00186 – Roma – Italy
Getting to UNIMED
From Leonardo da Vinci – Fiumicino Airport (FCO)
Travel distance approx. 30.5 km
- By Train Leonardo Express: The Rome Fiumicino “Leonardo da Vinci” Airport is connected to the city centre via a direct non-stop train (Leonardo Express) and slower trains on the FR1 Regional Railway line. Leonardo Express trains take you directly to the city’s main train station, Stazione Termini. They leave the airport every 30 minutes from 6:23 am to 11:23 pm. The journey takes 32 minutes, the cost of a one-way tiket is €14. You can buy the ticket on-line (www.trenitalia.it from “Fiumicino Aereoporto” to “Roma Termini”) or at Trenitalia ticket offices or at self-service machines. See below how to get to UNIMED from the train station Termini.
- By Train FR1 (destination Orte/Fara Sabina) make several stops. Tickets cost €8 EUR and the journey is 30-60 minutes, depending on your destination. The service runs from 5:57 am to 11:27 pm with a train leaving every 15 minutes, except on Saturdays and Sundays. Weekend trains run every 30 minutes. To reach the airport train station, follow the indications in the airport arrivals hall. Train tickets are sold at the station counter and at automated machines. You can pay with cash or by credit card. Alternatively, you can buy the tickets on-line.
- By Bus: A number of bus companies provide transportation from the airport to the centre of Rome (Termini central train station or Piazza Cavour – Vatican Area). Tickets cost €4-6 one way and €8/12 return trip. The journey lasts approx. 1 hour, depending on traffic (especially during peak-hours). For further information: http://www.adr.it/pax-fco-autobus. The night bus 40N (€4.50) connects the airport with the train stations of Rome Tiburtina and Rome Termini. Buses depart at 1:15 am, 2:15 am, 3:30 am and 5:00 am. Tickets are sold on board.
- By Taxi: The cost of a taxi ride from Fiumicino Airport to the city centre (within the Aurelian Walls) is €48, including top-ups. Use only authorised taxis (white vehicles with a taximeter) available at the arrivals areas of each terminal. Travel time will be 40 to 60 minutes. Tipping of 5-10% is gratefully received but not mandatory.
- By Shared Taxi – Door-to-Door Airport Shuttle: Airport Shuttle offers a door-to-door shuttle service at the rate of € 25 (Fiumicino Airport to the city centre). The driver will wait for you at the airport arrival hall holding a sign with your name. E-mail booking (firstname.lastname@example.org) is required; payment must be made in cash to the driver.
From Ciampino Airport (CIA)
Travel distance approx. 16.5 km
- By Bus and Train: To get to Rome city centre from Ciampino Airport (CIA) you can take a bus (Cotral) at the airport to the underground (Metro) Line A station in Anagnina. From there, take the underground to Termini (about 30 minutes). You can use the same ticket for buses and the underground. The ticket costs € 1.50 (valid for one Metro ride or 75 minutes on all buses). Buses leave every 40 minutes from 6:00 am to 10:40 pm. Direct bus services from Ciampino to Termini station are also provided by several bus companies (SIT, Terravision, Schiaffini). Tickets can be bought at the airport (€4.00/4.50). For further information: www.adr.it/pax-cia-autobus. Alternatively, you can take the bus (€1.50) to Ciampino railway station and board a train (€1.30) to Termini station (15 minutes).
- By Taxi: The cost of a taxi ride from Ciampino Airport to the city centre (within the Aurelian Walls) is €30. Use only authorised taxis (white vehicles with a taximeter) available at the arrivals areas of each terminal.
From the train station Termini
Travel distance approx. 3.2 km
- By Bus: Just outside the train station you find a large square (Piazza dei Cinquecento) were there is a bus terminal. Take the bus number 40 or number 64 and get off at Chiesa Nuova stop. Walk for 100 metres and you will find number 244 of Corso Vittorio Emanuele II. Tickets can be bought at the ticket stalls near the bus terminal. Their cost is €1.5.
- By Taxi: The cost of a taxi ride from Termini Station to UNIMED is approx. €10. The actual fee depends on traffic conditions. Night-time/holiday supplements apply. Use only authorised taxis (white vehicles with a taximeter) available outside the train station.
Rome Metro System
Rome metro system (simply called Metropolitana) has just two lines named A and B. It runs approximately every 3-7 minutes, from 5:30 am until 11.30 pm every day (until 0:30 am on Saturdays). Tickets can be purchased in newsstands, tobacco shops or vending machines. The drivers do not sell any tickets.
- Turismoroma is the Rome’s official tourist portal. It provides information about events, restaurants, transport and things to do in Rome.
- Rome Mobility Agency, is the public transport operators portal to plan your journey within the city.
If you have any queries about joining UNIMED in Rome, please contact our office:
Telephone: +39 06 68581430