We are delighted to announce the publication of
This compendium was created by partners on the OpenMed project and edited by staff at the Disruptive Media Learning Lab at Coventry University, UK, with significant contributions made by expert interviewees in international open education. It is aimed at:
- Higher education practitioners with involvement or interest in open educational resources and practices
- IT professionals with responsibility for supporting the use of online and open education
- Institutional, national and international managers with responsibility for furthering the appropriate and quality use of open educational resources and practices
- Newcomers who wish to have an overview of the field of open education in the South Mediterranean region specifically, and worldwide generally
- Higher education and open education international stakeholders.
The compendium is essential reading for anyone with an interest in international open education, particularly in the South Mediterranean region.
The compendium begins by delineating the key concepts and definitions associated with open education, providing a clear and succinct introduction for those new to the area. It then presents eleven case studies of international open educational practices across Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Morocco, Spain, UK, North America, and South Africa.
The OpenMed Team hopes that by making this report publicly available, we can embody the principles of openness and collaboration underpinning open education. We are eager to hear comments from others with insight or interest in this area.