* The presentation of the SubNetwork Sport is also available in PDF for download.
Sport is vital to the holistic development of individuals of all age, for education purposes and disseminate values of social inclusion and mutual respect for human rights, cultural diversity and different religious beliefs. Sport is also fundamental as factor of building communities, bringing people with similar interests together, as well as stimulating local and global economy.
Through its different forms (“grassroots sports”, “play for fun”, “sport for all”, “recreational” and “competitive”) sport and a regular practice of physical activity are critical to improve physical and mental health of citizens, preventing unhealthy conditions and the likelihood of diseases.
For all these reasons, the purpose of the relaunch of the SubNetwork Sport and Physical Activity is to endorse the cooperation among the UNIMED partners on the fields of sport and physical activity, involving academics and experts from both shores of the Mediterranean basin.
Each UNIMED partner will decide its own level of involvement to join the SubNetwork on one or more of the following tasks:
- Sharing and promoting networking with UNIMED partners for EU-funded projects on sport and physical activity;
- Facilitate the exchange of information and stimulate researches and publications on these issues, strengthening the collaboration between researchers of the UNIMED consortium;
- Involving students, faculty and staff of the universities partners to participate and organize local, national and international sport competitions;
- Organizing conferences, seminars, round-tables and workshops on “hot” topics for sport and physical activity, as the education of citizens to a regular practice of physical activity; the enhancement of social inclusionin and through sport; the development of dual-career policies; the practice of sport and physical activity for people with disabilities; gender equality in sport; voluntary activity and non-profit sport organizations; fairplay; education to contrast match fixing and bets.
In this frame, the SubNetwork can also be an active player in the dialogue with national and regional authorities, international organizations, the private sector and the general public.
Given the multifaceted nature of sport and physical activity, the SubNetwork will search collaboration with other UNIMED SubNetworks (ifor example with the SubNetwork on Mediterranean Tourism) to share knowledge and ideas. Furthermore, the SubNetwork will actively support the UNIMED petition for a Mediterranean Erasmus Generation.
Participating in this SubNetwork means being actively engaged with its activities, with commitment in the networking, and regular participation. Participation to the SubNetwork is limited to UNIMED associated universities.
Do not hesitate to write to email@example.com for further information.