MEDSPRING is a coordination and support action. The project, built on the previous experience of the INCO.NET MIRA, but adapted to the new reality of the Euro-Mediterranean policy and the general orientations defined in the Euro-Mediterranean Conference of Barcelona (2-3 April 2012), is focused on three societal challenges (Energy, High Quality Affordable Food, and Scarcity of resources) and aims at tackling policy objectives by creating a dialogue and coordination platform of governmental institutions, research organisations, associations and civil society.
The specific objectives of the project are thus: enhancing EU-MPCs co-ownership in research cooperation; creating synergies in order to reduce fragmentation of research actions; involving the civil society in the institutional dialogue on research and innovation; developing cooperation instruments to tackle societal challenges with a view to sustainability; supporting research and innovation capacity building through comprehensive training and contributing build an Euro-Mediterranean shared knowledge space in order to develop common EU-MPCs planning capacity and a sustainable regional RDT policy and cooperation.
The principal objectives are:
- to develop and support the dialogue between EU – MPCs by bringing together policymakers and stakeholders from each MPC and EU Member states to create a dialogue and action platform to identify common interest in research areas,
- to set up S&T priorities,
- support capacity building activities and enhance the interaction between different cooperation instruments of the EC to promote actions in order to monitor, develop and contribute to creating synergies among the various S&T cooperation programmes between MPCs/EU and foster the participation of the MPCs in the Framework Programme.
|FP7 – INCO.2012-1.3/ Mediterranean Partner Countries|
|CIHEAM – IAMB, Italy|
|From 01/02/2013 to 31/01/2017|
|Marcello Scalisi, m.scalisi[AT]uni-med.netRaniero Chelli, r.chelli[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- Open Consultation del progetto MedSpring: aperta fino al 2 aprile!
- Progetto MedSpring: terzo appuntamento annuale dell'Assemblea Generale, Tunisi 18-19 febbraio 2016
- Projet MedSpring: Publications des contributions des jeunes chercheurs de la rive sud de la Méditerranée
- MedSpring project: Publication of contributions from young Southern Mediterranean researchers
- MedSpring: Pubblicazione dei contributi di giovani ricercatori riva sud del Mediterraneo