Higher education systems, both in Europe and in Southern Mediterranean countries, are requested, in addition to their mission of production of knowledge, to contribute more actively to their country economy competitiveness. Universities need to be innovative to deliver an education who offers a better employability to their graduates.
By bringing together the 13 Tunisian public universities and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, sAGESSE project aims at modernizing the Higher Education system in Tunisia by strengthening its insurance quality system, governance mechanisms and results based funding. By promoting universities autonomy mostly in financial and academic area, and human resources, the project will improve graduate employability and promote innovation and research.
SAGESSE aims at :
- Creating an integrated system of quality definition and control by involving the whole institution for designing and implementing new decision-making and management procedures by strengthening academic, non-academic and management staff competencies.
- Designing a good governance framework to promote the installation of a Higher Education system e-administration unit which will propose an innovative, efficient and more autonomous financial management structure.
- Fostering a commitment at all organisation levels as well as a political will to support the decentralization management process by capitalizing HEI expertise and experiences in insurance quality to encourage the adoption of strategical planning threw the production of action plan.
- Acting on future policies in order to consolidate, improve and develop new insurance quality mechanisms. Recommendations will be elaborated from experiences gained during the implementation project and will be addressed to national, regional and international public authorities to be taken into account and be helpful to facilitate the Higher Education system management.
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity-building in the Field of Higher Education|
|UNIMED, Mediterranean Universities Union|
|From 15/10/2017 to 14/10/2020|
|Silvia Marchionne, s.marchionne[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- UNIMED will lead a new EU funded project on University Governance Practices in Tunisia starting on October 15th, 2017