Higher education systems, both in Europe and in Southern Mediterranean countries, are requested, in addition to their mission of production of knowledge, to contribute more actively to their country economy competitiveness. Universities need to be innovative to deliver an education who offers a better employability to their graduates.
By bringing together all the 13 Tunisian public universities and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, sAGESSE project aims at modernizing the Higher Education system in Tunisia by strengthening its quality assurance system, governance mechanisms and results based funding. By promoting universities autonomy mostly in financial and academic area, and human resources, the project will improve graduate employability and promote innovation and research.
SAGESSE aims at :
- Creating an integrated system of quality definition and control by involving the whole institution for designing and implementing new decision-making and management procedures by strengthening academic, non-academic and management staff competencies.
- Designing a good governance framework to promote the establishment of a Higher Education e-administration Unit which will propose an innovative, efficient and more autonomous financial management structure.
- Fostering a commitment at all organisation levels to support the decentralization management process by capitalising HEIs expertise and experiences in quality assurance to encourage the adoption of strategical planning through the production of action plans.
- Acting on future policies in order to consolidate, improve and develop new quality assurance mechanisms. Recommendations will be elaborated from experiences gained during the implementation activities of the project and will be addressed to national, regional and international public authorities to be taken into account and to be helpful to facilitate the Higher Education system management.
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education|
|UNIMED, Mediterranean Universities Union|
|From 15/10/2017 to 14/10/2020|
|Silvia Marchionne, s.marchionne[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- In Siena, 5th December : «University governance, academic training, research and mobility: the University of Siena presents itself to Tunisian universities»
- Siena University will host a Training of Trainers on Quality Assurance and Strategic Planning addressed to University Leaders and staff of Tunisian HEIs
- Improving the governance of Tunisian Higher Education: universities meet in Paris
- Higher Education global reform in Tunisia: UNIMED's commitment to universities through the SAGESSE project
- UNIMED will lead a new EU funded project on University Governance Practices in Tunisia starting on October 15th, 2017