The goal of Viajeo PLUS is to benchmark outstanding solutions for innovative and green urban mobility in Europe, Latin America, China and Singapore and subsequently facilitate the uptake of these solutions across different cities in these regions, and Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPCs).
Over a 36-month timeframe, the Viajeo PLUS consortium will engage with leading European innovative organisations and academic institutes and cooperate with cities across Europe, Latin America, China, Singapore and MPCs to facilitate the sharing of good practices and demonstration of innovative solutions.
The Viajeo PLUS project will:
- Assess current mobility solutions and the potential uptake of different solutions for different scenarios. Through case studies, showcases and capacity building, it will gather key experts in mobility management, clean vehicle, public transport, infrastructure and city logistics, to develop executive plans for the implementation of existing solutions in a new and innovate way;
- Create a new web-based ‘Virtual Best Solution’ book to facilitate wider uptake of solutions across more cities and regions;
- Organise four individual “City Mobility Weeks” in Europe, Latin America, China and Singapore respectively. A City Mobility Week consists of showcases, workshops and stakeholder meetings. Through interactive showcases, participants will benefit from gaining first-hand experience of innovative solutions. Participants will exchange knowledge, information and best practice experiences through various workshops and meetings;
- Organise fora in Istanbul to engage stakeholders in MPCs to lay the foundations for future inter-regional cooperation in research and development activities;
- Facilitate a ‘twinning cities’ programme to allow representatives from cities to experience innovative solutions for future implementation.
Viajeo PLUS will develop recommendations to the EC for future collaboration among cities and for research cooperation initiatives.