The WFF Transformative Research Challenge (TRC) aims to inspire research and innovation in sustainable development to end hunger and transform our agrifood systems.
✍️ Teams of young and young-at-heart researchers are invited to submit a two-page concept note proposing an innovative research idea to help end hunger and transform our agrifood systems focusing on one of “four betters” as well as on the WFF’s theme of the year: “Healthy Diets. Healthy Planet.”
Shortlisted participants will receive expert mentorship to help translate their concepts into sound research papers and present them at the WFF global stage in October 2022.
Shortlisted innovators will be invited to present a lightning talk at the flagship WFF virtual event taking place in October 2022, as well as benefit from the following:
- Mentoring: Ten to fifteen shortlisted teams will receive personalized mentorship from globally recognized experts in their field to help “translate” their concept note into a concrete research output (e.g. a research proposal for grant funding or research article for publication).
- Coaching: Each team will be coached in the preparation of the lightning talk for the final presentations.
- Networking: Participants will have access to a global audience of young leaders and organizations from the public and private sectors, including the United Nations.
- Visibility: The WFF will provide a platform for global youth to showcase innovative research ideas and approaches to a global audience. Shortlisted teams will be profiled on the WFF website, and have the chance to pitch their research project to a global audience and international expert panel on the WFF Flagship Event stage.
- Ongoing promotion: Shortlisted teams and the winner of the TRC may be included in additional learning and exposure activities associated with the WFF, such as a social media campaigns, case studies, and future events to foster ongoing visibility and encourage future development.
More info HERE to submit your concept note for the WFF Transformative Research Challenge 2022