Every year, World Water Day draws the world’s attention to key global water issues. World Water Day 2020 will focus on Water and Climate Change. Youth has an important role to play in working towards regional water security and increased water awareness. Young people are involved in innovative water-related projects and research around the Mediterranean and are key to securing a more sustainable water future in the region. Youth also has an essential role to play in creating a more inclusive Mediterranean for migrants and refugees.
To amplify the voice of regional youth on this topic, the Center for Mediterranean Integration (CMI) is launching the fourth edition of its Mediterranean youth workshop on Water and Climate Change. In the run-up to this workshop, the fourth edition of the “Mediterranean Water Heroes” youth contest will offer young water activists from around the Mediterranean the opportunity to showcase their innovative work on water and Climate Change.
Do You Want to be One of the Heroes?
- Are you between 18 and 35 years-old?
- Are you a citizen of one of these countries?
Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia, and Turkey.
- Are you working within public institutions, research institutes, start-ups, NGOs, or as freelancers?
- Are you engaged in water and climate activities related to these topics?
- Water and Climate Change Policies
- Water Scarcity and Drought Management Best Practices
- Water Security Migration Nexus
- Water and Circular Economy (entrepreneurship)
Applications from Libya, Algeria, and Egypt are strongly encouraged.
If your answer is yes, the Center for Mediterranean Integration (CMI) strongly encourages you to submit your application to the fourth edition of the “Mediterranean Water Heroes” Contest, for a chance to present your innovative work and projects on water and climate change to young water activists, regional water experts and international organizations in Murcia, Spain during our World Water Day 2020.
Selected applicants will also receive full coverage to attend the CMI World Water Day event.
The winners of the contest will also be able to:
- Connect with international water and migration experts as well as young water professionals.
- Have a key speaking role during the CMI Water and Migration World Water Day youth workshop in Murcia, Spain
- Showcase your work on the online channels of the Center for Mediterranean Integration and its partners
- Receive peer-to-peer mentoring from other Mediterranean water activists and experts.
The submission deadline is December 15th, 2019 at 12:00 PM CET time.
For more information and all your questions contact us at: email@example.com