Each year, UNIMED organizes its General Assembly in one of its member universities. This year, the UNIMED General Assembly will take place at the University of Paris 1 Panthéon – la Sorbonne in Paris on 30 and 31 October 2017.
The theme of the conference is For a new Mediterranean of knowledge.
Click here to see the programme of this year’s General Assembly.
During the second day of the General Assembly, five different workshops will be held. It is possible to register to the individual workshops.
- Challenges for the UNIMED Subnetwork on Food and Water: priorities in Euro-Mediterranean research – register here
- Refugee Education: Sharing experiences in cooperation with IAU UNESCO Chair in Cultural Diplomacy, Governance and Education - register here
- Doctoral Education in a changing world- register here
- Interreg MED Programme: an innovative system of cooperation among different stakeholders for a more integrated Mediterranean - register here
- The Horizon 2020 work plan for 2018-2020 Euro-Mediterranean Cooperation in Research
This yearly event involves all the rectors of our associated universities, their delegates and representatives of international relations. In addition, representatives of international institutions, NGOs and politicians are also invited to join our Assembly.
In the present context, which is characterized by considerable uncertainty at the international level, universities in the Mediterranean are called upon to play an even more important role in strengthening regional stability through inter-university cooperation, student and teacher exchanges and support for understanding between peoples and respect for cultural diversity. Our meeting will certainly be an opportunity to strengthen the links and collaboration between the associated universities and with international institutions.
For further information, please visit the General Assembly page.