The sub-network Intangible Cultural Heritage has the purpose of gathering information and establishing partnerships among the main institutions dealing with intangible cultural heritage in the Euro-Mediterranean region: university departments, study and research centres, cultural associations, festivals, local entities, researchers and academics.
This sub-network is established as a result of UNIMED’s experience in the field of Music and follows the Memorandum of Understanding signed with the Alentejo Regional Direction of Culture and Portel Municipality (Portugal) on 7 March 2009.
Objectives of the Intangible Cultural Heritage Sub-Network are the following:
- To gather information directly from institutions working in the field, in order to create a specific database in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
- To carry out studies, analyses and researchers with particular reference to the improvised oral poetry.
- To promote dialogue and information exchange, in order to strengthen already established collaborations and to establish new partnerships.
- To organize national and international events (workshops, seminars, conferences, festivals), in order to support the exchange of knowledge and experiences among cultural operators, students, researchers and artists.
- To disseminate and promote the diffusion of activities of the members of the sub-network through specific newsletters, online news and links.
- To raise funds for the implementation of common projects.
UNIMED welcomes ideas, project proposals, initiatives in the Intangible Cultural Heritage field to be shared with the Euro-Mediterranean scientific community and civil society.
For further information, to become a member of the sub-network and to send news, please write to Prof. Paolo Scarnecchia at firstname.lastname@example.org.