The Open Education Week is a celebration of the global Open Education Movement. Its goal is to raise awareness about the movement and its impact on teaching and learning worldwide.
The UNIMED SubNetwork on eLearning and Open Education will celebrate the Open Education Week 2019 with an online conversation on March 5th.
Open education in the South Mediterranean: practices and developments
5 March 2019 at 6.00 PM CET / Time in Italy
(Check the Time converter here)
The South Mediterranean region is quite active in the Open Education area, with a number of institutional and national initiatives on OER and open practices being planned and developed. Still, the dynamism of region is not fully known internationally, as UNIMED and the partners of the OpenMed project have had the chance to discover in the last years. Promoting the richness of experiences in Open Education in the South Mediterranean is one of the objectives of the recently launched UNIMED SubNetwork on eLearning and Open Education.
In this webinar we will share some valuable initiatives in the field of Open Education from the South Mediterranean region, with speakers from UNIMED (Italy), University Mohammed V Rabat (Morocco), Princess Sumaya University for Technology (Jordan), and Univrsité Frères Mentouri Constantine (Algeria), Palestine Technical University – Kadoorie (Palestine), Notre Dame University-Louaize (Lebanon).
- Adiy Twessi, Director of e-Learning Center, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Jordan
- Naoual Chaouni Benabdellah, Assistant Professor at the University Mohammed V Rabat, Morocco
- Ahmed Belhani, Associate Professor, Head of elearning center at Univrsité frères Mentouri Constantine1, Algeria
- Khalid Khanfar, Director of the e-Learning center & Yasmeen Abuhasirah, Head of the training department in e-Learning center, Palestine Technical University – Kadoorie, Palestine
- Fawzi Baroud, Vice President for Information Technology, Notre Dame University-Louaize, Lebanon
UNIMED, Mediterranean Universities Union
Who should attend
Higher Education managers, educators and practitioners, OER enthusiasts of any nationality
Participants will be given the chance to ask questions at the end of the webinar.
How to Participate
Participants can freely join the webinar by register in advance at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Feel free to send an email to email@example.com to ask for further information.
Looking forward to a successful Open Education Week!