APPRAIS addresses governance, strategic planning and management of higher education institutions, with a particular focus on enhancing the capacities of human resources and proposing a reform for the local Higher Education system through the implementation of Bologna process.
APPRAIS project idea comes from the willingness of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR KRG) to improve and develop higher education system in Kurdistan region of Iraq. Within this logic, the MOHESR KRG has encouraged several Iraqi Universities to adopt the European education system thus to implement the Bologna process. Therefore, APPRAIS will contribute to allow HEIs in defining a roadmap for a better university governance and implementation of Bologna process in the HEIs of Kurdistan region of Iraq. Secondly, it will upgrade by means of training and CB action delivered by the EU universities, the skills of presidents, vice-presidents, heads of IROs and QA responsibles on strategic planning, quality assurance and credits recognition, as well as the capacities of administrative staff on university administrative management, quality assurance and internationalisation strategies. Finally, thanks to the harmonization phase, the piloting process of reform from Kurdistan region will be enlarged also to the whole country and each university will define its own institutional strategic plan.
The specific objectives of APPRAIS are:
-Enhancing good governance, by strengthening the definition and development of HEIs roadmap;
-Improving HEIs capacities on quality assurance mechanisms, strategic planning, management and accountability practices;
-Supporting the implementation of Bologna Process within HEIs in Kurdistan region of Iraq by improving knowledge on recognition of credits and learning mobility;
-Adopting the university reform on good governance and Bologna process at each HEIs, through the definition and validation of institutional action plans
Like any governance dimension, all the above-mentioned objectives require a strong strategic orientation and capacity to be accomplished but, at the same time, they are also preconditioning for an effective strategic planning. Consequently, the project aims at supporting each HEIs to develop their own strategies and specific action plans in order to make the governance changes possible.
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity-building in the Field of Higher Education|
|UNIMED, Unione delle Università del Mediterraneo|
|999.852, 00 €|
|From 15 January 2021 to 14 January 2024|
|Silvia Marchionne, s.marchionne[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- Call for tender - Purchase of Quality assurance software - APPRAIS project
- The importance of accessing education: former refugee, current President of the 3rd largest public University in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The testimonial of Prof. Dawood Atrushi
- The capacity building of Kurdish university staff on strategic planning, quality assurance and Bologna process continues in Kurdistan at the University of Sulaymania
- 36 Kurdish university staff took part in the 1st Training week in Oslo University on "Quality Assurance, strategic planning and Bologna process implementation"
- European-Kurdish Cooperation in University Reform is seen as a Model for Iraq: The interview of Al-Fanar Media
- Autonomy, good governance and quality assurance: a Roundtable with Kurdish Universities in Erbil on November 29th, 2021
- Kurdish Universities performing a self-assessment on institutional governance
- Terms of Reference External Evaluation // APPRAIS project
- Terms of Reference Graphic and Web Design // APPRAIS project
- Governance, quality, accountability: a Piloting Reform Process in Kurdistan region of Iraq. The project APPRAIS has been launched