The key objectives of the project will be twofold: to promote opportunities for internationalisation by European universities with the focus on the specific target countries in the Levant; and to promote improved recognition of qualifications and transparency around the education systems in Europe. Guidance on internationalisation opportunities will address the priority to strengthen the strategic and structured cooperation between higher education institutions, including support for various types of cooperation models. Establishing a better understanding of Levantine qualifications and systems will support learning mobility between the EU and the Levant, including transitions between different levels of education. This will also promote an element of social inclusion as individuals coming from the region, in particular from Syria, may be refugees or migrants, and improved recognition of their prior qualifications through understanding the education systems in that region will promote their integration into the European education system.
The project will develop guidance on internationalisation opportunities in the Levant for EU Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) seeking opportunities there, and on understanding Levantine educations systems (in particular qualification and credit frameworks) and qualifications for EU HEIs needing information in order to improve the integration of students from the region into the EU education system. The results will be available digitally, enabling widespread access by EU HEIs.
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Strategic Partnerships for higher education|
|ECCTIS (UK ENIC Center)|
|From 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2022|
|Martina Zipoli, m.zipoli[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- Know more about the virtual event on European-Levantine Internationalisation and Automatic Recognition of Qualifications, held by the PELIARQ project on May 25, 2022
- Online Event: European-Levantine Internationalisation and Automatic Recognition of Qualifications, 25 May 2022, 11:00-13:00h CET
- The Partners of the PELIARQ project gathers in Malta to facilitate internationalisation opportunities between Europe and the Levant
- Survey on internationalisation activities between Europe and the Levant. Share your experience by July 11.
- Engaging European universities in cooperation activities with the Levant