Created in November 2016 within the framework of the Interreg MED Programme, the MED Sustainable Tourism Community has been renewed for a three-year period till June 2022 to make tourism a real driver for inclusive and sustainable growth.
Since 2019, five new territorial cooperation projects have joined the Community that now gathers 22 projects co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), almost 300 organisations (public authorities, private companies, universities, NGOs and international organisations) active in 12 European-Mediterranean coastal areas. Besides, two Strategic Projects, approved in October 2019, focusing on governance of sustainable tourism will join forces with the Community.
Most notably, the Community’s members are leading the development of innovative tools to monitor the tourism industry, they are studying and testing new tourism models and they are actively engaging policy makers and managers in a constant dialogue to make tourism a real driver for inclusive and sustainable development.
Project Communication Channels
LinkedIN: Interreg MED Sustainable Tourism
YouTube: Sustainable Tourism Interreg MED
Podcast channel Interreg MED Sustainable Tourism Community
|Interreg MED Programme|
|DIBA – Barcelona Provincial Council (Barcelona, Spain)|
|1,870,145.00 € (whose 1,589,623.25 € European Regional Development Fund – ERDF)|
|October 2019 – December 2022|
Project related news:
- COP 27 to host a first-ever Mediterranean Pavilion. Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt - 6 to 18 November 2022
- The Transition towards a Smarter and Greener Sustainable Tourism Ecosystem in the Mediterranean: register by 30 September 2022
- Interreg Euro-MED Academy: enrol to the course "Sustainable Tourism and Mobility for the Mediterranean". The course starts on June 6th, 2022
- The II° Edition of the MED Sustainable Tourism Convention // June 8&9, 2022
- Call for audiovisual services provider: deadline 02/05/2022
- Call for experts to design a MOOC “Tourism for Sustainability, Inclusiveness and Resilience in the Mediterranean Region”: deadline 25/01/2022
- Re-connecting Tourism with the biosphere: a Mediterranean perspective_Report of the event
- Zero Pollution: the European Green Week 2021
- Re-connecting Tourism with the biosphere: a Mediterranean Perspective. A workshop promoted by the Sustainable Tourism Community _ May 19, 10:00 - 11:30 am CET
- The InterregMed Sustainable Tourism Community: the catalogue of projects outputs and policy targets is out!
- UNIMED adheres to the Interreg Volunteer Youth Programme and welcomes a Young Volunteer
- Kick-Off Meeting Sustainable Tourism Community // 3-4 March 2020, Salou (Spain)
- InterregMed Programme, Sustainable Tourism Community: Renewal of the Project until 2022!