UNIMED is looking for a Project officer.
Here below and downloadable here all the needed information.
Deadline to submit your application: 08/10/2021, 12:00-noon CEST
Position: Project Officer, full-time
Field of Work: Internationalisation of Higher Education, Digital education
Location: Rome, Italy. Remote working to be considered.
Closing date: 08/10/2021, 12:00-noon CEST
Expected start date: 01/11/2021
Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview within the end of October 2021.
UNIMED, the Mediterranean Universities Union, founded in October 1991, is an association of Universities from the countries of the Mediterranean basin. It counts 141 Universities coming from 23 countries on both shores of the Mediterranean.
UNIMED acts in different scientific fields and its aim is to develop research and education in the Euro-Mediterranean area in order to contribute to scientific, cultural, social and economic cooperation.
UNIMED carries out the following activities in favour of the associated Universities:
- Promoting the international dimension of universities;
- Planning and fund-raising activities;
- Promoting mobility in the Euro-Mediterranean region, for students, researchers and academic staff;
- Technical assistance for the enhancement of quality assurance in university education;
- Creating thematic SubNetworks to foster the scientific cooperation within specific fields;
- Organising meetings, discussions, seminars and round tables both at a national and international level;
- Training academic and administrative staff of Universities, particularly for the staff of International Relations Offices.
We are looking for a committed person that is passionate about digital innovation in teaching and learning, and helping develop, manage and deliver innovative international projects that make a difference in the Mediterranean higher education system.
This post is based in Rome. We would consider the opportunity for someone to do the role remotely with a requirement to be able to attend the office when required or for key meetings.
The post holder will:
- Develop, manage and evaluate international projects with partners across the European Union and the South-Mediterranean countries;
- Support projects and initiatives across the UNIMED network through project management, communication, research, evaluation, administration and general support;
- Advise and assist with the introduction of technology-supported learning, through collaborative projects and workshops that can be framed as ‘learning innovation’. Such advice typically focuses on pedagogical or organisational implications, but may also include technical issues;
- Contribute to the development of analysis and reports, by writing or commenting upon draft documentation;
- Organise and attend operational project meetings, events and online/onsite workshops, prepare summaries of events and reports to use in press and website materials;
- Undertakes a range of networking activities, enabling exchange of ideas and experience in technology-supported learning and teaching;
- Research, write, develop and deliver new EU co-financed project proposals and support training programmes, with a specific focus on learning innovation and digital education.
Candidates will be assessed against the following
- University Degree in education, media, communication, social science, public relations, international relations or other related fields
- Excellent and fluent communication skills. Fluency in English, verbal and written. Good working knowledge of French is an advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant experience working in EU co-financed projects and/or in eLearning and digital education in higher education
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Experience in project management techniques and methods
- Good knowledge of digital education tools and techniques
- Experience of delivering multi-stakeholder projects in the higher education sector
- Prior experience in working with the MENA region is highly desirable
- Ability to chair project meetings and organise online/onsite events
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy, and proficient at problem solving
- Analytical skills and ability to write articles and reports in English
- Ability to use own initiative, work in a team, multi-task and excellent organisational skills
- A 12-month work contract (with the possibility of renewal as permanent position) with a competitive salary and good terms
- A dynamic and creative international team
- A highly stimulating work environment with partners from several European and Mediterranean countries
As part of this position you will be required to travel occasionally within Europe and the South-Mediterranean countries.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of motivation to: email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially and by respecting the privacy of the candidate.