The Urban Transports Community is an Interreg MED Programme initiative launched in November 2016 and renewed in October 2019 till June 2022. The Community is promoting sustainable urban mobility planning in the Euro-Mediterranean region as an effective tool to reduce carbon emissions and improve the quality of life of the population and the environment.
Since November 2016, the Community has gathered seven territorial cooperation projects co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and almost 100 organisations (public authorities, private companies, universities, NGOs and international organisations) from 12 Euro-Mediterranean countries. In this second phase the Community has the opportunity to bring the capitalisation process to the next level by providing local authorities with a tailor-made support to implement the replicable solutions developed and tested by our Community.
The territorial cooperation projects of the Urban Transports Community are:
- CAMPSUMP Campus Sustainable University mobility plans in MED areas
- EnerNETMob, Mediterranean Interregional Electromobility Networks for intermodal and interurban low carbon transport systems
- LOCATIONS Low Carbon Transport in Cruise Destination Cities
- MOBILITAS MOBility for nearly-zero CO2 in medITerranean tourism destinAtionS
- MOTIVATE Promoting citizens’ active involvement in the development of Sustainable Travel Plans in Med Cities with Seasonal Demand
- REMEDIO REgenerating mixed-use MED urban communities congested by traffic through Innovative low carbon mobility solutions
- SUMPORT Sustainable Urban Mobility in MED PORT cities
Project Communication Channels
Youtube: Urban Transports GoSump
|MedCities (Barcelona, Spain)|
|1,467,811.25 € (whose 1,197,856.14 € European Regional Development Fund – ERDF; 49,783.44 € IPA)|
|October 2019 – December 2022|
Project related news:
- Mediterranean Mobility Forum // Athens, 25-26 October 2022. Register now!
- Interreg Euro-MED Academy: enrol to the course "Sustainable Tourism and Mobility for the Mediterranean". The course starts on June 6th, 2022
- Zero Pollution: the European Green Week 2021
- Discover the tools and the solutions addressing urban mobility implemented by the Urban Transports Community
- UNIMED adheres to the Interreg Volunteer Youth Programme and welcomes a Young Volunteer
- The Urban Transports Community has launched a public call for “Sustainable Urban Transports Implementing Cities”
- Register to the newsletter: Med Urban Transports Community
- Urban Transports in the Mediterranean: Launch of the Community