In the framework of the RESUME Project “RESeaU Méditerranéen pour l’Employabilité” the First Thematic Conference the project “Strengthening the balance between academic offer and the labor market” will take place in September 28-29, 2016 in Barcelona.
The conference, organized by UNIMED as project coordinator and in collaboration with the University of Barcelona, is the first of the seven thematic conferences of training that will be organized throughout the whole life of the project. The purpose of this conference is to provide HEIs staff with the necessary skills and to open the dialogue and cooperation between the various stakeholders (HEIs, companies, enterprises and political authorities) in the common challenge to increase employability of young graduates. This training conference will be characterizes of plenary sessions and also parallel sessions for each specific group of HEIs (teachers / academic staff, staff careers offices).
For more information please download the programme here.
Venue of the conference
Universitat de Barcelona – Faculty of Law
Av. Diagonal, 684
08034 Barcelona- Spain
The project aims to improve and strengthen the role and potential of higher education institutions in the development of employability of the Mediterranean countries by adopting at the Universities an entrepreneurial mind-set and opening and structuring dialogue between universities, businesses and policy makers, as well addressing the four priority actions established by the EC, the OECD and the ETF:
– Establishing inter-ministerial committees for entrepreneurial learning;
– Establishing a platform for the identification and exchange of good practices;
– Strengthening cooperation between higher education institutions and promoting links with businesses to foster entrepreneurship.
– Establishing a network for the southern Mediterranean entrepreneurship that pays special attention to women.
– UNIMED – Mediterranean Universities Union, Italy (coordinator)
– UniME, Università degli Studi di Messina, Italy
– AMU, Université d’Aix-Marseille, France
– UB, Universitat de Barcelona, Espagne
– AlmaLaurea, Consorzio Interuniversitario Almalaurea, Italy
– VdM, Ville de Marseille, France
– IAV, Institut Agronomique et Vétérinaire Hassan II, Morocco
– UM5R, Université Mohammed V de Rabat, Moroco
– Us, Université de Sousse, Tunisia
– USf, Université de Sfax, Tunisia
– UL, Université Libanaise, Lebanon
– USEK, Université de Saint Esprit- Kaslik, Lebanon
– AFEM, Association de Femmes Chefs d’entreprise, Maroc
– MESFCRS, Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur, de la Recherche Scientifique et de la Formation des Cadres, Morocco
– MESRS, Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur, de la Recherche Scientifique Tunisien, Tunisia
– DGHE, Directorate General Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Lebanon
– ASCAME, Association of the Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce, Spain (associated partner)