Higher education systems, both in Europe and in Southern Mediterranean countries, are requested, in addition to their mission of production of knowledge, to contribute more actively to their country economy competitiveness. Universities need to be innovative to deliver an education who offers a better employability to their graduates.
By bringing together all the 13 Tunisian public universities and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, sAGESSE project aims at modernizing the Higher Education system in Tunisia by strengthening its quality assurance system, governance mechanisms and results based funding. By promoting universities autonomy mostly in financial and academic area, and human resources, the project will improve graduate employability and promote innovation and research.
SAGESSE aims at :
- Creating an integrated system of quality definition and control by involving the whole institution for designing and implementing new decision-making and management procedures by strengthening academic, non-academic and management staff competencies.
- Designing a good governance framework to promote the establishment of a Higher Education e-administration Unit which will propose an innovative, efficient and more autonomous financial management structure.
- Fostering a commitment at all organisation levels to support the decentralization management process by capitalising HEIs expertise and experiences in quality assurance to encourage the adoption of strategical planning through the production of action plans.
- Acting on future policies in order to consolidate, improve and develop new quality assurance mechanisms. Recommendations will be elaborated from experiences gained during the implementation activities of the project and will be addressed to national, regional and international public authorities to be taken into account and to be helpful to facilitate the Higher Education system management.
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education|
|UNIMED, Mediterranean Universities Union|
|From 15/10/2017 to 14/10/2020|
|Silvia Marchionne, s.marchionne[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- Tunisian Universities gather in March in Tunis to talk about quality assurance and systems of quality management
- The EU commitment towards Tunisian universities to better improve university governance, quality of Erasmus+projects and financial management
- SAGESSE as "good practice" at the event organised by the EU Delegation in Tunisia
- Data management and information system as main topics of the field visits in Italy and France for the representatives of Tunisian Higher Education System
- Planification budgétaire dans le cadre de l'élaboration du projet établissement : c'est le thème de la formation pour les 13 universités tunisiennes à Monastir du 19 au 21 juin 2019