Go-SUMP is targeting the challenges of capitalisation and mainstreaming of projects’ results and solutions for sustainable mobility in the Mediterranean at transnational level. These challenges were obvious during the last programming period of the MED Programme.
Using a specialized partnership as the backbone of the working structure, GO SUMP will work to solve the gap of sustainable mobility as a part of urban planning, by guiding and supporting modular projects as a community, to improve the visibility, capitalization and mainstreaming of their results through joint strategies based on synergies and networking. GO SUMP will act as a bridge among the Med Programme and projects, and the stakeholders for their communication and capitalization through key thematic groups such as Civitas, Eltis, the SUMP Platform or the Covenant of Mayors.
By capitalizing good and especially bad practices, the horizontal project, will contribute to a unique identity on SUMPs in the Med cities enhancing its peculiarities as a key to implement low carbon transport & mobility measures.
The modular projects currently within this community are CAMPSUMP Campus Sustainable University mobility plans in MED areas, EnerNETMob, Mediterranean Interregional Electromobility Networks for intermodal and interurban low carbon transport systems, LOCATIONS Low Carbon Transport in Cruise Destination Cities, MOBILITAS MOBility for nearly-zero CO2 in medITerranean tourism destinAtionS, MOTIVATE Promoting citizens’ active involvement in the development of Sustainable Travel Plans in Med Cities with Seasonal Demand, REMEDIO REgenerationg mixed-use MED urban communities congested by traffic through Innovative low carbon mobility solutions, SUMPORT Sustainable Urban Mobility in MED PORT cities.
Follow the Med Urban Transports Community:
|Malaga City Council, Spain|
|€ 1,165,000.00 (whose € 990,250.00 ERDF)|
|November 2016 – October 2019|
Project related news:
- Mediterranean Mobility Forum // Athens, 25-26 October 2022. Register now!
- Interreg Euro-MED Academy: enrol to the course "Sustainable Tourism and Mobility for the Mediterranean". The course starts on June 6th, 2022
- Zero Pollution: the European Green Week 2021
- Discover the tools and the solutions addressing urban mobility implemented by the Urban Transports Community
- UNIMED adheres to the Interreg Volunteer Youth Programme and welcomes a Young Volunteer
- The Urban Transports Community has launched a public call for “Sustainable Urban Transports Implementing Cities”
- Register to the newsletter: Med Urban Transports Community