UNIMED is open to universities and research centers that wish to pursue the Association’s aims and that come from Europe, whether members of the European Union or not, the Middle and Near East and African countries.
UNIMED membership is however also open to universities and research centers in other regions of the world whose aim is to develop and strengthen international cooperation for the advancement of culture, science, education and research in the Euro-Mediterranean region, the Middle East and Africa.
- To become a member, the President/Rector of University or Research Institute has to send an official request to UNIMED Secretary General, by e-mail: email@example.com and to the UNIMED address: UNIMED – Mediterranean Universities Union, Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 244 – 00186 Rome (Italy);
- The University/Research Institute is required to send a brief description of its history and main fields of training and research as well as its international activities, indicating the name and coordinates of a Focal Point;
- The UNIMED competent body in charge of accepting requests of membership is the Board of Directors;
- A 3.000 euro yearly fee is foreseen once the membership has been confirmed. This sum is to be paid by March, 31st of each year. The amount was determined by the shareholders at the General Assembly held in Algiers in 2003 and can be changed only by the Assembly of the members;
- The membership is valid until withdrawal.