- To become a member, the President/Rector of University or Research Institute has to send an official request to UNIMED Secretary General, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and to the UNIMED address: UNIMED- Mediterranean Universities Union – Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 244 – 00186 Rome (Italy);
- The University/Research Institute is required to send a brief description of its history and main fields of training and research as well as its international activities, indicating the name and coordinates of a Focal Point;
- The UNIMED competent body in charge of accepting requests of adhesion is the Board of Directors;
- A 3.000 euro yearly fee is foreseen once the adhesion to the network has been confirmed. This sum is to be paid by March, 31st of each year. The amount was determined by the shareholders at the General Assembly held in Algiers in 2003 and can be changed only by the Assembly of the members;
- The membership is valid until withdrawal.