The University of Rome “Foro Italico” and the European Network of Sport Education (ENSE), with the collaboration of UNIMED – Mediterranean Universities Union, will host the 16th ENSE Forum in Rome on the 21st-22nd September 2023.
This year, the Forum will be held under the theme “Sport Education for Sustainable Development: the Euro-Med perspective”.
The Forum will offer a space of reflection and discussion on the current societal and educational challenges facing Europe and the broader Mediterranean Basin. In particular, the Forum will focus on the role of sport education in a transitioning world and tackle issues such as social cohesion and intercultural dialogue, sustainability, coach education, physical education, and digital education in sport.
UNIMED, with its SubNetwork on Sport and Physical activity, endorses the cooperation among its members and partners to share learning, identify common themes and explore collaborative opportunities related to this field.
In addition to that, sustainable development is a growing priority which UNIMED is strongly committed to pursue. For these reasons, UNIMED is honoured to support the organisation of the event and contribute with its Euro-Med perspective.
Registration and abstract submission for the event are now open. Abstract submission is free of charge to all authors. Registration fees must be paid to secure your presentation at the 16th ENSE Forum and to ensure the abstract publication in the Book of Abstracts.
All abstracts must be submitted at the Abstract Submission Platform. Following the Scientific Board’s review, all authors will be informed about the acceptance of their submission. Authors are free to choose between Oral Presentation or E-posters as a preferred format during the abstract submission process. However, the Scientific Board has the possibility to change an abstract from oral to e-poster (and vice versa) if it is considered appropriate.
During the submission process authors can select one of the following disciplinary fields:
- Sport Education in a Changing World
- Sport Education and Physical Education for Sustainable Development
- Sport Education for Social Development and Peace
- Internationalization in Sport Education and Refugees Education
- Physical Education for Refugee Children
- Sport Education and Physical Education for Social Inclusion
- Innovation in Sport Coach Education and Physical Education Teacher Education
The following guidelines for the abstracts to enter the review process should be considered:
- The overall text length is max. 800 words, including title, author names and references.
- Author names: Provide names of all authors, their institutional affiliation, and e-mail address during the online submission process.
- Abstracts must be in English language.
- Upload your Full Abstract File, according to the submission template (in doc, docx format).
For more information on registration, prices and accomodation options, please visit the ENSE webpage.