The main goal of the CI-RES project (Création de Capacités institutionnelles d’intégration des Réfugiés dans l’Enseignement Supérieur/ Creation of Institutional Capacities for the Integration of Refugees in Higher Education) is to create institutional capacities for the integration of refugees in Algerian higher education.
The Ci-RES project is a pilot experiment proposing the reorganization of the organic and functional structure of the project’s higher education institutions in order to address the current problems of effective integration of refugees within Higher Education. The project proposes the development of normative and institutional mechanisms for the integration of this category in higher education.
This project attempts to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Strengthening the knowledge and skills of academic and administrative staff for a better caring of refugees in universities;
- Developing concrete integration measures for refugees willing to integrate the Algerian higher education system through a prospective study of the needs and difficulties refugees face at all levels of integration;
- Rewriting and rephrasing the internal regulations of HEIs partners through the introduction of provisions on the status of refugees, their rights and obligations in order to better define access, organization of the training path and integration of refugees into university life;
- Developing a system of reception of refugees within the HEI partners through the creation, on the one hand of a centralized office at the level of the vice-rectorates in charge of external relations, whose mission would be to take care of the refugees, and on the other hand subsidiary offices, at the level of each faculty, under the responsibility of the vice dean responsible for international relations;
- Promoting access to employability for refugees’ students;
- Promoting refugees culture and intercultural dialogue through partnership with civil society organizations and local community.
|Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education|
|University of Mohamed Lamine Débaghine – Sétif 2, Algeria|
|From 15 January 2020 to 14 January 2022|