FoSaMed aims to bring together Moroccan HEIs that promote inclusive education through curriculum development and teacher education on food safety.
The main specific objective of the project is the development of a joint Master’s Programme, within the curricula of the IAV, ENA, IBN and UMP that will receive the support of the project coordinator the University of Évora (UEVORA) together with the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Mediterranean Universities Union (UNIMED).
The specific objectives of the FoSaMed project include the qualification of the Moroccan academics on modern and innovative teaching methodologies, to support Moroccan HEIs in designing a Master Programme on food safety that is associated with the recovery and promotion of the traditional Mediterranean diet and associated to short food supply chains, and to contribute to inclusive higher education in Morocco, that integrates underprivileged groups, such as women, rural populations and refugees and gives them equal access to knowledge and the opportunities it brings.
The following actions will be developed in order to develop innovative pedagogical approaches and new learning settings.
a) An innovative e-learning training for food safety coordinated by EU partners, using didactic modules and integrated tools.
b) Workshops coordinated by UEVORA and UB to enhance the quality of the teaching methods.
c) The development of a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) about “Food safety in Morocco”.
d) The implementation of a Joint Master’s Programme on food safety run by the involved Moroccan HEIs, which will be the key focus of the FoSaMed project.
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity-building in the Field of Higher Education|
|University of Evora, Portugal|
|FENAGRI – Fédération Nationale de l’Agroalimentaire|
|871 487,00 EUR|
|From 15 January 2021 to 14 January 2024|
Project related news:
- The approach of students and teachers for the development of curricula in food safety: the FosaMed Project @Erasmus Scientific Days 2022
- Trainings and living labs in the area of food safety at the Universities of Barcelona and Evora
- Webinar on the “Improvement of Mediterranean food systems towards food waste valorisation” on May 30th, 2022
- The partners meeting in Evora opens new doors: the FoSaMed Master is coming!
- Training of Teachers: new training materials to enhance quality in Food Safety educational offer
- Eventful 6th October for the UNIMED SubNetwork on Food&Water
- Zero Pollution: the European Green Week 2021
- Terms of Reference Graphic Web Design // FoSaMed project
- The FoSaMed project moves its first steps for a joint Master’s Programme on Food Safety