The FRAMES project aims to foster an harmonised implementation of blended mobility among European Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), making the European Higher Education Area more innovative and resilient and helping universities to move from the COVID-19 emergency to sustainable innovation.
The project stems from the impact that the COVID-19 emergency is having on students mobility flows, and wants to help European universities to rethink students mobility in innovative ways, both regarding the use of digital technology to complement and enrich traditional mobility, and to use mobility to build important soft skills such as intercultural communication, teamwork and critical thinking.
The project will be centered around Virtual Exchange (VE), a specific online collaboration methodology that consists of sustained, technology-enabled, people-to people online exchange sessions in which constructive communication and interaction takes place with the support of educators or facilitators. The VE methodology has been piloted by the Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange initiative, proving to be a synergistic and complementary component of physical exchange programmes and showing that it can prepare, deepen, and extend physical exchanges.
The FRAMES project has three main objectives:
- valorise successful scenarios of accredited Virtual Exchanges, considered as an innovative, inclusive and intercultural complement to physical mobility;
- build capacity of European HEIs to integrate and accredit Virtual Exchange as a key component of their mobility activities, towards a more inclusive and sustainable internationalisation;
- support HEIs, European Universities and HEI Networks in creating the conditions for long term harmonised integration and accreditation of physical, blended and virtual mobility.
|Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships for Digital Education Readiness (Corrigendum Call 2020)|
|UNIMED – Mediterranean Universities Union, Italy|
|From 2021 to 2023|
|Cristina Stefanelli, c.stefanelli[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- Webinar: Launch of the Toolkit for Virtual Exchange and Blended Mobility
- SAVE THE DATE: Training on Virtual Exchange and blended mobility integration
- CIHE webinar: Virtual Exchange and Mobility: Access, Integration, and Internationalization
- Launch of report “Scenarios for the integration of Virtual Exchange in Higher Education”
- New Report: Scenarios for the integration of Virtual Exchange in Higher Education
- Online conversation on Blended Mobility and Virtual Exchange
- Terms of Reference Graphic Design - IT Services // FRAMES project