JOVITAL offers Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Jordan a chance to explore, implement, and disseminate state of the art academic practices to enhance teaching quality and improve learning outcomes.
A comprehensive capacity building programme will be implemented to facilitate intensive know-how transfer between the consortium members to address the problems of: outdated instructor-centered frontal teaching methods, limited physical academic mobility, and ineffective use of ICT in formal higher education in Jordan.
The specific objectives of JOVITAL are:
- Qualification of academic staff at Jordanian HEIs on modern pedagogical and didactical methodologies for innovative virtual teaching and learning settings;
- Support Jordanian HEIs in adopting and implementing effective ICT-based internationalisation at home activities and integrate Jordanian HEIs in a global network for “Virtual Mobility”;
- Open up higher education in Jordan to integrate disadvantaged groups including women, rural areas inhabitants and refugees in inclusive virtual classroom settings.
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity-building in the Field of Higher Education|
|Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), Germany|
|From 15/10/2017 to 14/04/2021|
|Cristina Stefanelli, c.stefanelli[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- Jordanian universities at the final conference of the JOVITAL project to launch a Position Paper on Virtual Collaborative Learning
- Kick-off of the JOVITAL international Virtual Collaborative Learning pilot course
- UNIMED’s Celebrations of the Erasmus Days 2020
- Webinar on Innovative e-learning in Jordan: lessons learnt from the JOVITAL project
- Trainings on ICT in Higher Education and Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) & Virtual Exchange in Jordan by ISSBS