The PHOENIX Project grants scholarships which include a monthly allowance, travel, insurance and participation costs, to students (undergraduate, master, PhD, post-doctorate) and staff members from Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine or Syria to undertake a mobility period or full degree in a partner University in Europe. Europeans will also be able to apply for the scholarship and study in the Middle East.
The PHOENIX project intends to develop a structured mobility-based cooperation between 3 Palestinian, 2 Lebanese, 1 Syrian and 2 Jordanian HEIs on the one side and 9 EU HEIs from the second side. This cooperation network aims at supporting students from all levels (undergraduate, Master and PhD and Posdoctoral) academic staff, researchers and administrative staff to gain experiences, expertise and skills through interaction in an international environment.
The main goals of this initiative are to:
- set up an institutional-based sustainable Europe- Palestine- Lebanon- Syria- Jordan mobility network focusing on regional prioritized needs;
- support a pool of 150 well-educated and responsible young men and women to study and get training in the identified specific thematic fields;
- enhance partner HEIs capacity of conducting joint community-oriented quality research;
- raise staff’s competencies for better university governance, a common priority by all lot2 participating Universities;
- foster using technologies for academic and governance purposes;
- develop sustainable academic and research network for future cooperation among the project partners.
To achieve these objectives, the project foresees 150 mobilities, divided in two cohorts.
|Erasmus Mundus Action 2, Strand 1|
|University of Almeria, Spain|
|€ € 2.998.075,00|
|Silvia Marchionne, s.marchionne[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news: