UniGov project seeks to support the modernisation,accessibility, and internationalization of HEIs in Palestine, through addressing five cross-cutting aspects of governance.
More specifically, this project seeks to:
- Create a enabling environment to adopt decent governance, management and accountability practices
- Establish a clear governance framework, including well-defined and clear mission and goals.
- Establish an effective governance and management structures
- Stimulate autonomy and accountability,
- Strengthen links with different stakeholders (i.e. improve participation) in strategic planning and development activities (this will reduce the gap between recent graduates and the industry).
UniGov project seeks to address weaknesses in the existing governance systems across HEIs in Palestine. By establishing a comparative study with European benchmark universities, the project seeks to establish a governance framework and then adopt innovative practicies to improve existing structures.
UniGov project also aims at improving the quality of higher education in Palestinian universities as it will improve the communication between the university and the labor market/other stakeholders (increase participation). In addition, it will form a strong bases for the university excellence toward internationalization through establishing partnerships with European institutions.
|European Commission, Erasmus+, KA2 – Capacity-building in the Field of Higher Education|
|ANNU, An-Najah National University , Palestine|
|From 15/10/2016 to 14/10/2019|
|Silvia Marchionne, s.marchionne[AT]uni-med.net|
Project related news:
- Palestinian Universities share experiences and feedback on their process of modernization
- Palestinian universities are ready to start the online training on university governance !
- In Siena, HEIs from Palestine learned how to self-evaluate their governance system
- UniGov Kick-Off meeting: February 16-17, 2017 in Rome