The theme of the Security Critical Infrastructure has been the subject of major European Directive 114/08/EC, which provides for the need for an Operator Security Plan. Research in the field of Safety and Security of Critical Infrastructures is characterized by a high level of interdisciplinarity, covering not only purely technical aspects, but also issues of great social and economic importance, such as Corporate Social Responsibility, Management of Accidents, Insurances, Compliance, Audit, Procurement Policy and Decision Making. Moreover, the subject is of particular relevance in view of issues related to climate change, terrorist threats and global health.
The issue of the protection of critical infrastructures is increasingly taking a crucial importance for local developments, including its relation to social and environmental issues. The sector is also gaining importance in research and cooperation in international and community programming, and there is a need for a growth of international exchanges in the field and the circulation of good practices.
UNIMED has initiated long-standing activities of analysis in this area, which involves several scientific field. For this reason, UNIMED launched a dedicated SubNetwork with the aim of collecting information and gather the key players involved in training and research on Critical Infrastructures in the Euro-Mediterranean region.
– Collecting information directly from the actors active in the Mediterranean area for the creation of a shared space of knowledge;
– Carrying out studies, analysis and research on issues related to Critical Infrastructures:
– Facilitating and encouraging dialogue and mutual exchange, in order to create new collaborations, partnerships and develop joint projects;
– Organizing international events (workshops, seminars, webinars, conferences) to support the circulation of knowledge and experiences among researchers and scholars;
– Promoting mobility, virtual and physical, of students and staff.