Sport represents an integral part of people’s lives, being vital to the holistic development of individuals of all age. Sport brings people together, builds community cohesion, grows social inclusion and disseminates values of mutual respect for human rights, cultural diversity and different religious beliefs.
Sport and a regular practice of physical activity are critical to improve citizens’ physical and mental health, preventing unhealthy conditions and the likelihood of diseases.
Sport and physical activity also impact on local and global economy, employ millions of citizens and generate a huge amount of revenue.
The SubNetwork Sport and Physical Activity endorses the cooperation among the UNIMED partners to share learning, identify common themes and explore collaborative opportunities, involving academics and experts from both shores of the Mediterranean basin by promoting the following actions:
• Participation to joint research projects;
• Participation to joint publications;
• Participation to national and international conferences;
• Promotion of exchange of students and professors;
• Organization of education events (workshops, seminars, summers schools and intensive courses for PhD students);
• Organization of sport events;
• Encouragement of dialogue, mutual exchange of information, and dissemination of employment opportunities;
• Planning of joint actions for calls for funding.