The Global Task Force on Third Country Education Pathways is seeking a proactive, innovative, enthusiastic, and well-networked Coordinator for the Secretariat of the GTF.
The mission of the Task Force, currently gathering 17 different entities, including states, university alliances and networks, is to promote and support the expansion of education as a complementary pathway for admission of refugees to third countries, to meet both the refugee education target and the goals of The Three-Year Strategy.
The GTF requires now a full-time Coordinator who will proactively evolve direction and priorities, organize meetings and support the members and co-Chairs to implement the activities the Task Force was set out to accomplish.
The consultancy position will begin as soon as a candidate is identified and will last until June 30, 2023, with extension pending additional funding. The position will be hosted by Bard College, the co-lead of the Open Society University Network which co-chairs the Global Task Force. The position is remote and can be based anywhere.
The complete call for applications is attached and the qualifications sought include:
- At least 5 years of experience working with and strong network of contacts within State and education community involved in refugee education and solutions;
- Proven track record/previous experience working in the area of tertiary education and/or refugee protection/solutions;
- Strong understanding of the education pathways, refugee education, and protection landscapes and challenges;
- Ability to multitask and prioritse;
- Ability to work online with various platforms or the aptitude to learn;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (other languages an asset);
- Proactive, detail oriented, highly organized with excellent ability to follow through;
- Success working with diverse and international stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Law, Education or other related discipline with minimum 5 years of experience.
Have a look HERE to find out more on qualifications and responsibilities.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter and relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.