UNIMED is looking for a Communications Assistant.
Here below and downloadable here all the needed information.
Deadline to submit your application: 08/10/2021, 12:00-noon CEST
Position: Communications Assistant, full-time
Field of Work: Internationalisation of Higher Education, Communication
Location: Rome, Italy. Remote working to be considered.
Closing date: 08/10/2021, 12:00-noon CEST
Expected start date: 01/11/2021
Please note that only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview within the end of October 2021.
UNIMED, the Mediterranean Universities Union, founded in October 1991, is an association of Universities from the countries of the Mediterranean basin. It counts 141 Universities coming from 23 countries on both shores of the Mediterranean.
UNIMED acts in different scientific fields and its aim is to develop research and education in the Euro-Mediterranean area in order to contribute to scientific, cultural, social and economic cooperation.
UNIMED carries out the following activities in favour of the associated Universities:
- Promoting the international dimension of universities;
- Planning and fund-raising activities;
- Promoting mobility in the Euro-Mediterranean region, for students, researchers and academic staff;
- Technical assistance for the enhancement of quality assurance in university education;
- Creating thematic SubNetworks to foster the scientific cooperation within specific fields;
- Organising meetings, discussions, seminars and round tables both at a national and international level;
- Training academic and administrative staff of Universities, particularly for the staff of International Relations Offices.
In this role, you will support outreach activities, including writing and editing, social media, media engagement, stakeholder engagement, presentations, events, and more. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply hands-on communications skills daily, working closely with subject matter experts and communications colleagues around the world. You will be part of a highly motivated team using communications to address sustainable and inclusive development, youth employability, blue economy and international academic cooperation issues related to the Mediterranean Sea region.
This role requires someone who is a strong writer, creative thinker, organized, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic. Experience working internationally and multiple languages are desirable, but not required.
The post holder will:
- Help develop communications strategies and messages to support UNIMED papers, reports, announcements, and events
- Coordinate communications activities across the UNIMED different international cooperation projects (mainly funded in the framework of ERASMUS+, Interreg MED and Horizon 2020 programmes) and work closely with UNIMED Communications team and communicators
- Write and edit blogs, op-eds, PPT presentations, talking points and other communications materials
- Develop and implement social media strategies on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Manage internal and external event/milestone calendars
- Support communications toolkit preparation for key activities
- Support email campaigns including e-newsletters
- Support media research and outreach including monitoring for opportunities, tracking news stories, preparing regular clips reports, writing pitches, and responding to incoming requests
- Support basic design projects including photo selection, social media graphics, photography, video editing, etc. as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective communication of UNIMED
Candidates will be assessed against the following
- Minimum of three years of full time, relevant experience in journalism, public relations, or similar field; internships may be counted towards this requirement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French, knowledge of Italian is desirable but not compulsory
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, international relations, public policy, or related fields
- Highly motivated, proactive work style with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of web content, blogs and social media
- Basic graphic design and PowerPoint skills are desirable
- EU work authorization is required for this opportunity
- A 12-month work contract (with the possibility of renewal as permanent position) with a competitive salary and good terms
- A dynamic and creative international team
- A highly stimulating work environment with partners from several European and Mediterranean countries
As part of this position you will be required to travel occasionally within Europe and the South-Mediterranean countries.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, a letter of motivation, and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated confidentially and by respecting the privacy of the candidate.